Saturday, August 27, 2016
Back after such a long long disappearance act from this space with a simple and quick dish and I will be off again.
Yes, my hubby and I will be expecting our little one in some 2 months' time. Third trimester has been kind to me thus far, just experiencing bad backaches but I guess that's normal as the belly grows. Last lap now, jiayou!
Leaving you with the recipe of this Homemade Meatballs in Tomato & Baked Beans Sauce. Yeah I finally like got myself off the couch to cook again. Not that I haven't been cooking, but were just simple stir fry dishes or quick steam fish or egg, tofu and meat.
Anyway, hope to be back soon :)
Homemade Meatballs in Tomato & Baked Beans Sauce
Serves 2 to 3
250g minced meat
1 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp water chestnuts, chopped
5 medium sized prawns, minced
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp light soy sauce
Pinch of salt
Pepper, more if preferred
1 can of baked beans
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1.5 tbsp chilli sauce
1.5 tbsp oil
1 onion, cubed
2 tbsp mixed peas
1. Place minced meat, minced onions, minced water chestnut and minced prawns in a mixing bowl. Add in cornflour, light soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix the meat mixture well.
2. Pick up the meat mixture and slap it down into the mixing bowl for about 10 to 15 times. This will let the meat have a "Q" feel.
3. Shape the meat into equal round balls.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Place in meatballs and pan-fry medium brown. Add in cubed onions and stir fry well. Place in mixed peas and stir fry a little.
6. Pour in baked beans, tomato sauce and chilli sauce. Stir to mix well.
7. Let sauce cook and simmer for 2 minutes. Dish and serve immediately.