Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Passionfruit Honey Drink 百香果蜜糖水


Mum gave me some passionfruits and I made some refreshing drink with the fruits.  Definitely a good time to consume this in our current hot and humid weather!

Do you know that passionfruit is loaded with Vitamin A, C, Potassium, Iron and dietary fibre? It provides us with a great source of antioxidants.

Also, it is a fruit that helps treat cough and lessen respiratory tract inflammations. Great for detox too as it helps cleanse our colons and aids digestion.  Because of its high dietary fibre, this fruit helps prevents constipation, reduces fats and cholesterol buildup in our bodies. With so many goodness that this one fruit has, we gotta eat more of this fruit :)


Passionfruit Honey Drink

3 ripe passionfruits
2 to 3 tbsp honey (depending on sweetness of passionfruit)
1.2 l water (freshly boiled and cooled)
Ice

1. Cut passionfruits into half and scrap off seeds insides and spoon into a jar.
2. Add in 2 tbsp of honey. (You can always add more when you do a taste test and want the drink sweeter)
3. Fill jar with water, mix well and stir till honey is dissolved. Do a taste test and add more honey accordingly.
4. Place in fridge and consume when chilled or add ice and enjoy immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.