Monday, October 19, 2015

Five-Flavour Salmon Slices


If you have been keeping up with my foodie blog, you will know that I have been on a lookout for any methods possible to cook salmon.

This time, I used a recipe off a cookbook I bought some months back and substituted the fish used in the recipe with salmon fish instead and it tasted good, well at least to me :P Hubby prefer his salmon fish panfried while I like it with sauce.


This dish actually goes better with plain porridge than rice. I will cook this again anytime :)

Five-Flavour Salmon Slices
Recipe by 400 Seafood Dishes Bible

400g salmon slices
Ginger slices, 4 to 5 slices for blanching
1 spring onion, sliced to 1 inch
Adequate amount of rice wine (I did not use this)

Five-Flavour Sauce
10g minced garlic (I used 3 garlic pcs)
10g minced ginger
10g sliced spring onion
10g minced red chilli
10g chinese parsley (I did not use this)
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp light soy sauce (I used 1 tbsp)
1 tbsp dark soy sauce (I used 1/2 tbsp)
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
Place all seasonings into a small bowl, mix well and ready for use.
(I heat the sauce in a saucer til it comes to a boil before drizzling over the salmon slices)

1. Cleanse salmon and dry with kitchen towel. Slice to even thickness.
2. Put a pot of water to boil. Add in ginger slices, spring onion, rice wine and salmon slices and let it cook for about 2 to 3min, or till salmon is cooked.
3. Remove salmon slices and line them on a plate. Drizzle sauce over salmon slices and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.