Saturday, February 27, 2016

Japanese Potato Salad


Just last week, I tried to stop myself from being a couch potato and got down to making some Japanese Potato Salad. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so why not?

Attempted this a long time back and being the lazy wife, I used the same recipe again :P



Japanese Potato Salad
Recipe by Noob Cook
1/2 Japanese cucumber cut to thin, semi-circle slices
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 carrot peeled and cut to thin, semi-circle slices
2 russett potatoes peeled and quartered
water (enough water to submerge the potatoes)
3 tbsp cooked corn nibblets usually tetra-pak or canned (I did not add)
1/2 small onions chopped till fine bits
3/4 cup Japanese mayonnaise
salt and black pepper to taste

1. Rub cucumber slices with salt and allow to 'sweat' for about 30 minutes. This will make the cucumbers more crunchy. Rinse, drain and squeeze dry.
2.In a pot, bring water to boil. Add carrots and potatoes. Boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Transfer boiled potatoes to a bowl. Use a fork to mash the potatoes, leaving some small chunks behind.


4. Add corn, carrot, cucumber, onion, and Japanese mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in fridge before serving.

Note: Feel free to spice up this potato salad with more flavour such as chopped ham, karashi (Japanese mustard) and chopped hard boiled egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.