Last weekend, I got down to do some glutinous rice with chicken (Lo Mai Gai, 糯米鸡), one thing that my hubby enjoys eating. He used to stock some of these from the supermarket and heat them up to eat for breakfast, and I did not like that! So, I tried my hand at it, for the man, my greatest supporter :)
Followed Happy Flour recipe closely and I thought the end results was not too bad for a 1st try but I could do better :)
Ingredients: (yield 5 bowls)
1 chicken thigh (boneless and skinless, cut into chunk)
3 dried mushroom room (soaked, remove stalk and cut into 2pcs)
Seasoning (A): (adjust seasoning according to your taste)
1/2tbsp oyster sauce
1/2tsp black soy sauce
1tsp soy sauce
1/2tsp ginger juice
dash of pepper
dash of sesame oil
300g glutinous rice (soak overnight)
Seasoning (B): (adjust seasoning according to your taste)
1tbsp oyster sauce
2tsp soy sauce
2tbsp chicken stock/ water
1/2tsp sesame oil
(I will prepare more of this seasoning for the rice the next round as hubby said sauce was not quite enough, so rice was a little bland.)
1/2 Chinese sausage (sliced)
1. Marinate chicken and mushroom with Seasoning (A), set aside for an hour.
2. Grease mould and set aside.
3. Drain glutinous rice, spread rice on tray and sprinkle some water on surface.
4. Steam glutinous rice in a preheated steamer at high heat for 20 min.
5. Remove lid, sprinkle some water on glutinous rice and continue to steam for another 20 min.
6. Remove cooked glutinous rice from steamer and fluffy rice with a pair of chopstick.
7. Mix Seasoning (B) together and pour it into cooked glutinous rice.
8. Mix well with a pair of chopstick.
9. Arrange chicken, mushroom and Chinese sausage at the base of mould.
10.Fill with glutinous rice and press firmly.
11.Place it in preheated steamer and steam at high heat for 25 min.
12.Dish out and serve.