Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blueberry Muffins


Blueberries are going cheap now in the supermarkets and I have punnets of them lying around in my fridge. Nice, plump and sweet, good when mixed in oats and best for muffins!

I aren't giving blueberry muffins a miss for sure with the abundance of it I have on hands. And so I baked them.

Slight crispy crumbs on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. Yummy!


Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Noob Cook
Makes approx. 12

  • 190 grams (about 1 1/2 cups) plain flour
  • 1 1/2 eggs beaten
  • 1/2 tbsp baking powder
  • 225 grams (1 cup) caster or super fine sugar
  • 150 grams blueberries
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 65 grams butter, softened
  1. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
  2. Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
  3. Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.