Blueberries are going cheap now in the supermarkets and I have punnets of them lying around in my fridge. Nice, plump and sweet, good when mixed in oats and best for muffins!
I aren't giving blueberry muffins a miss for sure with the abundance of it I have on hands. And so I baked them.
Slight crispy crumbs on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. Yummy!
Recipe by Noob Cook
Makes approx. 12
- 190 grams (about 1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 225 grams (1 cup) caster or super fine sugar
- 150 grams blueberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 65 grams butter, softened
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.