Monday, July 7, 2014

Steamed Pandan Cake


Have been out for the longest time, but now am back.

June was somewhat like a busy month. Went for a short getaway on my birthday and got myself busy with some photo projects.

Quite a number of outdated makan posts but am unable to write all at once. Give me time! I will catch up soon.

Here are some steamed cakes for you to feast your eyes on :)


Steamed Pandan Cake

4 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp pandan extract
1 1/2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
50ml 7-up or Sprite

1. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer u til light and frothy. Add in sugar and continue to beat u til thick and creamy, when you lift the beater and write the digit 8, it will stay there for a few seconds add in pandan extract and beat to mix well.

2. Use a spatula and fold in flour lightly in 3 batches ( in 1 direction), lastly add in 7-up and mix well.

3. Put steamer to boil. Scoop batter into individual paper lined silicon cups and steam on high heat for 15 minutes. Best eaten warm on the same day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.