To prevent hydration during this super hot and humid period, pls rem to have more fluid intake!!! Soups help to add on to your fluid intake so cook them :)
This is a healthy soup. With the addition of dark red kidney beans, it enriches the soup further. Leaving you with the recipe :)
Lotus Roots & Sweet Corn with Dark Red Kidney Beans
Serves 3 to 4
1 segment of lotus root, cleaned and sliced
1 pc chicken breast
1 sweet corn, de-skinned and cut into smaller pcs
100g of dark red kidney beans
8 to 10 red dates, pitted and rinsed
3 dried figs, rinsed
2 honey dates
2 litre of water
salt to taste
1. Remove chicken breast skin and all excess fats and blood residues. Wash and drain.
2. Put 2l water to main pot and bring to boil.
3. Meanwhile, bring a separate small pot of water to boil, put in chicken breast and blanch it for another 1 minute to remove oil and scum. Briefly rinse blanched chicken breast meat under running water and place it into the boiling main pot. Add in all other ingredients (except sweet corns if you want to eat them) into main pot and leave to boil on high heat for about 20 minutes.
4. Bring down to low heat and let simmer for 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, bring soup to boil, add in sweet corns and let cook for 5min or till done and then add in salt to taste. Serve.