Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Yuzu (Honey Citron) Chiffon Cake

Sorry for the disappearing act from this  space for such a long time. Mum went for an op and we were busy shuffling between hospital, work and home, and that certainly made me too worn out to blog.  Gonna slowly pick up my pace and make a return here.

A tub of yuzu jam specially bought by my sister-in-law from Japan

Yummy!


A simple bake here with my new Rowenta oven and it was really good. Soft, pillowy and yummy chiffon cake with a subtle yuzu taste.


I love my new kitchen gadget! Looking forward to more baking adventures with it :)

Yuzu chiffon cake for tea, anyone? :D

Yuzu (Honey Citron) Chiffon Cake (20cm tube pan)

Egg white mixture
5 Egg whites 
80g Caster sugar 
1/4 cream of tartar

Egg yolk mixture
5 Egg yolks
20g Water 
55g Vegetable oil 
80g yuzu jam (honey citron)
90g Hong Kong Flour
20g Caster sugar

1. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean large bowl until peak foam. Gradually add in sugar, in 3 additions And beat till stiff peak forms.


2. Mix all the egg yolks mixture except flour. When everything well combined then add in sifted Hong Kong flour. Mix everything till well combined. The mixture would be quite thick, smoothand lump-free.


3. Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites mixture into the egg yolks mixture. When everything is well combined, fold in 1/2 of the remaining egg white mixture. Lastly, fold in the remaining egg white mixture. 


5. Pour the mixture into a 20cm chiffon cake tin and bake at a 160-170'C preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or till done. Turn the baked cake upside down and allow it to cool before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.