Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stir Fried Luffa Gourd with Egg


Love this vege dish from young. Haven't eaten it for a long time so I bought 1 luffa gourd and cook it! Simple, yet heartwarming. I am glad I have a hubby that is not a fussy eater and let me cook whatever I want and eat with me.

The one thing I hate about this dish is the peeling!!! 

Weather is so hot and humid these days that all I want is whip a quick dish or 2 and dig in.  Do remember to drink more water ya?  Be back soon :)

Stir Fried Luffa Gourd with Egg
Serves 2

1 luffa gourd, skin peeled, rinsed and cut into smaller pcs
1 egg, beaten
2 to 3 garlic, minced
1 tbsp dried shrimps (I used minced dried shrimps but you can use them whole)
1/2 tbsp abalone or oyster sauce
1 tbsp oil


1. Heat oil in pan.
2. Add in garlic and dried shrimps and fry till fragrant garlic slightly brown.
3. Place in luffa gourd pcs and abalone sauce. Stir fry till well mixed. Cover and let luffa gourd soften and absorb gravy.
4. Add in beaten egg and stir fry to break up egg into scramble form. Dish out and serve with rice or porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.