Another nice bake from my new (and lovely!) oven. Hehe! Cannot help but rave about this new toy.
It's been some time since I last baked muffins and I was craving for some.
Freshly out from the oven
And so I made a batch of yummy choc chip muffins, credit to Ellena Guan of Cuisine Paradise!! It was great when paired with a cup of good coffee, and I thought tea would do well too!
Simple, fuss free and short baking time. Muffins are just so easy :)
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe by Ellena Guan of Cuisine Paradise
Makes 6 Regular Muffins
- Dry Ingredients - (A)
- 165g All-purpose Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Large Egg (60g)
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 120ml Fresh Milk
- 60ml Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 80g Mini Chocolate chips
- Some Walnuts (whole), optional
- 20g Mini Chocolate Chips (extra), optional
Wet Ingredients - (B)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and line muffin tins with muffin liners or alternatively grease muffin tin.
2. Stir Ingredients (A) together in a bowl till well-mixed and set aside.
3. Whisk Ingredients (B) together using a hand whisk starting with egg and sugar till combined then followed by the rest (I replace vanilla extract with 1/2 vanilla bean pod).
4. Pour mixture (B) into (A), using a spatula gently fold mixture to combine until no trace of flour is found (the batter will be thick and lumpy so do not over mixed it).
5. Lastly fold in chocolate chips and spoon batter into prepared muffin tin all the way to the brim (do not 't worry the batter will not overflow). Top with optional chocolate chips or walnut on top before baking.
6. Bake at 200°C for the first 5 minutes and then reduce temperature to 180°C for another 25 - 30 minutes until surface is browned and a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
7. Remove muffin tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before removing it on a wire rack.
80 - 100克迷你巧克力豆
5.之后加入巧克力豆再拌2－3次，然后将面糊分别倒入小纸杯 (你可以在上面撒些巧克力豆或核桃) 再放进预热200度烤箱烤5分钟让松饼因热度膨胀。