Saturday, January 9, 2016
Ground Beef Pizza with Capsicum & Cherry Tomatoes
Pizzas for dinner again after awhile. I had my sis and BIL over for a casual dinner and treated them to some homemade pizzas.
The usual suspect, our favourite hawaiian pizza was surely one of the 2 pizzas served, and the 2nd being a ground beef pizza which I have always wanted to try and make :)
I topped it with some capsicums and cherry tomatoes that I have and made a colourful looking (IMO :P) ground beef pizza with capsicum and cherry tomatoes. It was not too bad for a first try. Will add in some cut red chillies into the ground beef during the quick stir fry the next time and that should bring up the yummy level.
200g ground beef
1 tbsp olive oil
A dash of salt
A dash of pepper
1 quarter yellow capsicum (sliced thinly)
4 cherry tomatoes (sliced thinly)
Half brown / yellow onion (sliced thinly)
1. Season ground beef with some black pepper and salt.
2. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and do a quick stir fry of the beef to let it be half cooked, adding in more salt and black pepper if desired. Loosen up the beef pieces with your spatula. Set aside.
Crispy Thin Crust Pizza dough
(Makes 2 12-inch pizza dough)
1 pkg (.25 oz) Active Dry Yeast (7g)
¼ tsp Sugar
¾ Cup Warm Water (170g)
1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour (224g)
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*tomato pasta sauce or tomato puree
***Shredded Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese (and Gouda cheese if preferred)
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 8 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt, olive oil.
3. Add the yeast mixture.
4. Add well.
5. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes. (If doing this base ahead of your party, cover dough in bowl with cling wrap and set it in the fridge till about 30min before you are ready to add toppings, let dough return to room temperature and punch out excess air and proceed with step 7)
6. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12” circle.
8. Place one rolled dough on pizza pan, spread a thin layer of pasta sauce over one pizza base and put to bake for 10min at 230deg.
9. Spread a thicker layer of pasta sauce over half baked bread dough, leaving about 1.5cm of sides plain, add half cooked ground beef followed by a thick layer of cheese all over, and finally lay aliced cherry tomatoes and capsicums on cheese.
10. Bake at 500 Degree F (I baked at 230deg C for 25min) for 10 - 15 minutes or till done.