Saturday, March 14, 2015
Blanched Broccoli with Abalone & Pacific Clams in Oyster Sauce 西兰花蚝油汁加鲍鱼鲍贝
Yet another way due post. This is one dish easy enough and suitable to host guests at home. This was one of the few dishes I cooked when my family came by during CNY. It was a Lunar New Year filled with lots of abalone.
Life is good. Indulge when the time calls for it! :)
Blanched Broccoli with Abalone & Pacific Clams in Oyster Sauce
1 medium broccoli, cut in florets
1 carrot, skinned and sliced
1 pc of celery
1/2 can of Pacific Clams
1 can of medium sized abalone (reserve 3 tbsp abalone broth for dish gravy - you can freeze the remaining for use the next round)
5 pcs garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce / abalone sauce
3 tbsp water
1 tsp cornstarch mixed with some water and mix to dissolve
a small pc of ginger, flattened slightly with back of knife
1. Fill a small pot with enough water for blanching the vegetables. Bring to boil. Blanch broccoli, carrots and celery for 3 to 4 min. Be careful not to over blanch as we would still want the vege to maintain a crunch in them. Drain and set them on a serving plate.
2. With the same pot of water used for blanching vege, place in ginger and when boil, add in Pacific clams and blanch for 30sec. Remove and set over vege on serving plate. Place abalone pcs by sides of plate.
3. Mix abalone broth, water, oyster sauce and minced garlic in a small pot. Bring to a soft boil. Do a taste test. Add more water if more gravy is required / Add a little more oyster sauce if preferred.
4. Mix cornstarch solution and pour into oyster gravy sauce. Add more if a thicker consistency is preferred. Stir well sauce and turn off heat when thickened.
5. Pour sauce over the plate of vege and abalone. Serve immediately.