Not easy to get yummy pandan chiffon cakes from bakeries nowadays. Pandan chiffon cakes are made right only with fresh pandan extract and I somehow feel not many bakeries use real pandan juice anymore. Easy way out is to use pandan essence but I never like artificial tasting pandan cakes, hence I prefer baking my own pandan chiffon cakes these days.
Mum loves eating my chiffon cakes and I always deliver a portion of it to her when I bake them. Mummy always cook yummy food for us. I wanna bake her favourite stuff for her!
This time, I used Cherry Potato's Pandan Chiffon cake recipe but made a slight change to turn it into a Pandan Cocoa Chiffon Cake instead. Call me a greedy one but I got the best of both the pandan and cocoa taste in 1 cake :) Greedy me.
Pandan Chiffon Cake
Recipe from Cherry Potato
5 Egg yolks
30ml Pandan juice
120ml Coconut milk
80ml Corn oil
120gm Cake flour
5 Egg whites
1 tsp Cream of tartar
1. Mix all ingredients (A) into a bowl till well.
2. Fold in sifted flour and sugar, mix well. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
4. Gradually add in sugar and continue whisk until stiff.
5. Fold the above into egg yolk mixture, mix well with spatula.
7. Bake at preheat oven 170'C for 50-55 minutes till done.
8. Remove from oven and invert cake to cool.