Almost anything, or everything taste yummy when cooked in black pepper sauce. With a bottle of Singlong black pepper sauce in the fridge, and a tupperware of beef slices in my freezer, let's do a quick stir-fry black pepper beef dish!
In no time, dinner was served, plain rice with stir fry black pepper beef and a simple stir fry vege with minced garlic. This is how simple our meals are, sometimes a soup and a vege with rice and that's it. No need for 3 dishes and 1 soup all day long :)
230g stir fry beef (sliced)
2 stalks of spring onions, sliced to 2 inches in length
1 medium onion, wedged
1/2 yellow/red/ green capsicum sliced into thin strips
1 inch ginger, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp Canola oil
3tbsp Black pepper sauce
2 to 3 tbsp water
1.5 tsp cornflour
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1. Dry sliced beef with kitchen towel and place sliced beef in a bowl.
2. Add in all marinate ingredients and mix well with beef. Cover with clingwrap and let sliced beef be marinated in fridge for at least 30min. I let it be marinated for 3 hours.
3. Heat oil in frying pan (high heat).
4. Add ginger and onion and stir fry till fragrant. Add in spring onion and capsicum and stir fry till capsicum strips turn half cooked.
5. Add in marinated beef and loosen beef slices up before adding in black pepper sauce and sugar. Mix well to coat beef slices with sauce. Add in water and stir well. Beef slices should be cooked in 3 to 4min. Dish out and serve immediately with plain rice.