On days that you feel lazy to do anything, and even whip up a 3 dishes and 1 soup meal for your hubby and yourself, what would you do? Well, for us, we will do the fried rice option.
Fast and easy, and you wil get to eat in no time. We had Japanese Garlic Fried Rice during our recent Kyushu vacation and we love how simple, yet yummy their fried rice were. I knew I had to try to cook it when I am when here and so I attempted it. Not too alike to what we had in Japan but was still yummy because you will not go too wrong with garlic and spring onions fried with rice yeah? :P
A few easy ingredients and you can cook up this fried rice fast.
2 cups of Japanese short grain rice
(rinsed and cook accordingly, then set aside to cool before use. Can cook rice a night before and set into fridge when cooled to be use the next day - loosen rice rice up before use)
1/2 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp olive oil
1 or 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
3 whole stalks of Spring onions, cubed
8 garlic, minced
char siew, desired amount, cubed (optional))
1 tsp black pepper powder (or lesser, adjust according to taste)
1 1/2 or 2 tbsp light soy sauce (to taste)
1. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil and then add in beaten egg. Quick fry egg into scrambled egg form by breaking it up and dish out scrambled egg onto a bowl.
2. Add in 2 tbsp olive oil and let it heat up before adding in minced garlic. Stir fry till fragrant, do not let it come to brown.
3. On high heat, add in spring onion bits and char siew cubes and stir fry till fragrant and well mixed before adding in cooled rice. Stir well to get all ingredients well mixed with rice. Finally add scrambled egg.
4. Spoon in desired amount of light soy sauce and stir fry well to coat each rice bits evenly. Do a taste test at this stage.
5. Stir in black pepper powder evenly, dish out and serve immediately.