Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thai Milk Tea Chiffon Cake

Of all the many types of cakes out there, chiffon cakes still remain my favourite.  Soft, fluffy and light tasting, how can one not love it? 

Though easy on the palate, this cake is not easy to be attempted - but fret not, learn the skill of folding in and you are on your way to making your own lovely chiffon cakes.

I have not got any store bought chiffon cakes ever since the day I baked my first successful chiffon cake. I love how I can skip using cream of tartar, lessen sugar content, use healthier oil and coming up with chiffon cake flavours that I cannot get from bakeries.


This round, I made a chiffon cake in Thai Milk Tea flavour with the instant Thai Milk tea sachets I bought during my last Bangkok trip. Milk tea taste did not come through much but I love the colour of the baked product. It was just how Thai Milk Tea looks like haha! Soft and fluffy as usual.  No regrets in trying this out.



Maybe I should try using 2 sachets next time, then cutting down on the sugar amount for yolk mixture - just to see if the Thai tea tastes more obvious!


Thai Milk Tea Chiffon Cake

Egg yolk mixture

5 egg yolks
20g sugar
30g oil 
60g Thai Milk Tea (In a cup of 60ml hot water, stir in a sachet of Thai Milk Tea and let cool before use)
100g plain flour

Egg white meringue
5 egg white
60g sugar



  1. Combine egg yolks and sugar and mix well with a whisk till sugar is dissolved.
  2. Stir in oil and cooled thai milk tea, whisk till combined before adding in sifted plain flour and mix well till no clumps are present.
  3. In a separate clean and dry mixing bowl, add in egg white and beat till large bubbles are formed. In 3 additions, add in sugar. Make sure to beat till sugar is dissolved in between each addition. Stop when the white mixture reaches stiff peak stage.
  4. In 3 additions, fold in egg white meringue into yolk mixture in a one gentle direction, taking care not to over fold and deflate mixture.
  5. Pour cake mixture into chiffon tube pan and put to bake in a preheated oven and bake at 160deg C for 1 hour or till done. Remove pan and invert to let cake cool before removing and slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.