Monday, June 2, 2014

Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Kiwis, Raisins & Sunflowers

While the food-blogsphere have earlier had the overnight oats craze, I only just got myself started now.

True enough, this overnight oatmeal thingy can really be quite addictive. Best of all is that this convenient quick meal is packed with high fibre, protein and calcium.


For this first try, I made 2 servings enough for Hubby and myself using kiwi and blueberries. I read that kiwi causes overnight oats to taste slightly bitter, well I think that is probably due to the acidic nature that the fruit has. Yes, mine turned out a little bitter tasting, but I added a teaspoonful of honey and slightly more milk, gave it a good stir and I thought it tasted quite good after that.

I am now thinking about other different combi I can come up with to make my weekday breakfast or lunch more interesting, yummier and of cuz healthier.  Try it! You will like it too :)


Overnight Oats with Blueberries, Kiwis, Raisins & Sunflower seeds
(Serves 2)

10 tbsp of rolled oat/ old-fashion oats (not quick-cook)
Enough milk to cover the oats
1 Kiwi fruit (cut into cubes)
5 tbsp of blueberries
4 tbsp of greek yoghurt (low fat types work well too)
2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
2 tbsp raisins
1 to 2 tsp honey (optional)

1. Wash blueberries and gently pat dry with a kitchen towel.  Cut kiwi fruit into cubes. Leave aside.
2. Put rolled oats into a clean and dry container (with a tight lid), followed by yoghurt, sunflower seeds and raisins.
3. Pour milk over, with just enough to cover the oats and all. (You may add a little more milk if you prefer a slightly more watery consistency). Give it a thorough stir.
4. Add in kiwi fruit cubes and blueberries and do a quick stir.
5. Cover and leave it overnight in the fridge.
6. Drizzle with honey the next day and dig in!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, i just started to made my overnight oatmeal. I mix Kiwi with banana but it taste bitter. Do you know what is the cause?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did mine with only kiwi. Bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine too kiwi the one made my oat bitter😅

    ReplyDelete

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.