Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Steamed Tofu with Scallops


What would you do with the box of tofu and few pieces of scallops lying in your fridge?  I googled and found a recipe that I tried, tested and like it.  This easy-to-prepare dish is good for working ladies and mummies. 

Steamed Tofu with Scallops
Recipe by Wokkingmum

1 box Silken Tofu, cut into 8 thick blocks
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
8 pieces Scallops, halve if thick
2 tablespoon Raw Chopped Garlic or Fried/Roasted Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil

1. Place tofu top with scallop in a dish or you can place both items separately.
2. Sprinkle garlic on top.
3. Drizzle cooking wine and sesame seed oil over them.
4. Steam for 4 minutes or till scallops are cooked.
5. Remove and drain away the liquid.
6. Place scallops on tofu and set aside.
7. Heat cooking oil, sugar and light soy sauce together.
8. Pour the hot soy sauce and oil over the scallop.
9. Serve.

Note:
The water is drained away after steaming to avoid diluting the sauce.  You may keep it if preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.