Sunday, June 1, 2014

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Wanna bake something simple for a weekday breakfast?  Do these!  Fast and simple. Little washing up too.


Do your little part of saving the earth by leaving out muffin and cupcake liners when you bake these dainty quick-bread. I baked them in silicon muffin tray and cups. They look equally delish too, don't they? :P

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe by The Little Teochew
Makes 12 regular muffins

(A) Dry ingredients
- 330g (3 cups) plain flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt

(B) Wet ingredients
- 2 eggs, at room temperature 
- 225g (1 cup) sugar (I reduced to 170g)
- 236ml (1 cup) milk, at room temperature 
- 118ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Chocolate chips
- 160 to 180g (1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - I used mini ones)


1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Lightly grease muffin tins, including the rims.

2. Whisk (A) briefly in a bowl to mix. 

3. Mix (B) in a medium bowl - eggs and sugar first, followed by the rest. 

4. Add (B) to (A). Fold gently to combine - using either a spatula or spoon - until no streaks of flour remain. The batter should look lumpy and thick.

A tip on folding: 
- We want to combine the ingredients in as few strokes as possible. The less we handle the batter, the fluffier the muffins. Start folding in long, broad strokes, scraping the ingredients from the bottom of the bowl in an upward motion. 

5. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and fold in 2 to 3 strokes to combine.

6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins all the way to the brim

I filled my batter right to the brim as per the recipe and true enough, no spills or overflow, and the dome rose nicely!

My muffins in silicon cups

7. Important step: bake at 220°C for the first 5min and then turn the temperature down to 190°C for another 25min. Those first 5min will provide that crucial rise to help produce those beautiful domes. After the muffins are done, allow them to cool for 10min in the tin before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.