Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Claypot Bean Curd with Salted Fish & Minced Pork


This is yet another dish that I had at Mum's place when we were back for dinner one weekend, and I loved it so much I had to cook it on my own again.

It might just be a simple dish but I like how the simplicity of this dish kept me craving for more.  I can eat it on its own over a bowl of rice and nothing else.  I cannot stress enough on my love for one pot dishes huh? Hehe~

Bean Curd with Salted Fish & Minced Pork
(Recipe was adapted from a local recipe book - did not manage to get the book title & author's name)

1 tbsp chopped salted fish (deep-fried)
200g minced pork
2 boxes bean curd
2 chinese mushrooms (diced)
5 pieces button mushrooms (sliced)
10 to 12 pieces prawns (cut into cubes, about 3 pieces for each prawn)
2 chilli padi (diced)
1/2 minced garlic (I used 4 pcs because I love garlic!)

Seasoning
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 chicken essence powder (I left this out since there is oyster sauce
added already)
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 pepper powder

Starch Solution
1 tbsp flour / cornflour
1/2 cup water

Garnish
Spring onions

1. Steam bean curd for 8 minutes. Pour the water out and set aside.
2. Heat up 3 tbsp oil, fry minced pork, chilli padi and minced garlic till fragrant. (Add in prawns & chinese mushrooms and stir fry till prawns turn almost done)
3. Add button mushrooms and salted fish.
4. Add seasonings and fry for awhile.
5. Add starch solution, fry over medium heat till the gravy is thickened.


6. Lastly pour the sauce onto steam bean curd.  Sprinkle cut spring onions over (I had it in a claypot and served it as a one pot dish)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.