This is yet another dish that I had at Mum's place when we were back for dinner one weekend, and I loved it so much I had to cook it on my own again.
It might just be a simple dish but I like how the simplicity of this dish kept me craving for more. I can eat it on its own over a bowl of rice and nothing else. I cannot stress enough on my love for one pot dishes huh? Hehe~
(Recipe was adapted from a local recipe book - did not manage to get the book title & author's name)
1 tbsp chopped salted fish (deep-fried)
200g minced pork
2 boxes bean curd
2 chinese mushrooms (diced)
5 pieces button mushrooms (sliced)
10 to 12 pieces prawns (cut into cubes, about 3 pieces for each prawn)
2 chilli padi (diced)
1/2 minced garlic (I used 4 pcs because I love garlic!)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 chicken essence powder (I left this out since there is oyster sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 pepper powder
1 tbsp flour / cornflour
1/2 cup water
1. Steam bean curd for 8 minutes. Pour the water out and set aside.
2. Heat up 3 tbsp oil, fry minced pork, chilli padi and minced garlic till fragrant. (Add in prawns & chinese mushrooms and stir fry till prawns turn almost done)
3. Add button mushrooms and salted fish.
4. Add seasonings and fry for awhile.
5. Add starch solution, fry over medium heat till the gravy is thickened.