Monday, September 1, 2014

Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup


A simple recipe for condensed cream of mushroom soup I have here.  You too could whip this up fast, and serve it right away, paired with some garlic bread for dips.

I came across this recipe from Salad in a Jar and just had to try it out.  Made using just a blender and microwave, cook noobs like me can now enjoy yummy mushroom soup at home in no time.

Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
Recipe from Salad in a Jar
Serves: 3

1 teaspoon onion powder (I do not have this, so I used half side of a yellow onion, chop till fine)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
⅛ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
Pinch of sugar
8-ounces 2% evaporated milk
Handful (approx. ¾ cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used a mix of swiss mushrooms and portobello mushrooms)
A handful of oyster mushrooms (I added them for extra bite)

1. Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
2. Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.