Easy to make and nice to eat. If you have ever made dorayaki or english pancakes before, this is gonna be a breeze for you :)
Recipe from Cuisine Paradise
(makes 9, 10cm diameter pancakes)
100g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Double Acting Baking Powder
200ml Thick Coconut Milk/ 150ml Fresh Milk
1 Egg, 60g
70g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
200g Fresh Durian Pulp, seeds removed
1. Sift plain flour and double acting baking powder together.
2. Beat egg and sugar until creamy and fluffy (about 3 - 4 minutes) before stirring in the flour mixture.
3. Next add in remaining ingredients, mix well to form a smooth batter.
4. Set batter aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Heat up a non-stick pan, lightly grease it with cooking oil and add in 1 1/2 tablespoon of batter, swirl pan and cook the pancake skin over medium low heat. (for thin and crispy wrapper reduce to 3/4 tablespoon and swirl it as thin as possible)
6. Turn the pancake over when you see large air holes appearing on it and cook for another 1 minute or less depend on its thickness.
7. To serve, scoop some mashed Durian pulp onto pancake skin and fold into half to form semi-circle. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for cold version.