Did a second and final batch of Christmas bake last night for my colleagues and Hubby's colleagues. Distributed them all today and glad my colleagues liked them.
I enjoyed the making process of these chocolate chip cookies. Easy and fast, and also foolproof. I have never really gone wrong with this recipe. I made them during normal days, during Lunar New Year and of cuz during Christmas too, as giveaways. Yummy! It is definitely worth sharing this recipe!
Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies
Recipe by Peng's Kitchen
125gm unsalted butter
100gm fine sugar (I used a total of 130g of brown sugar)
50gm Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (I did not use this)
1 tsp vanilla essence
190gm plain flour (I used 220g plain flour as the dough was a little sticky for me to handle)
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
180gm Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I used 250g chocolate chips cuz my colleagues love more of them!)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Line baking trays with baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy and pale. Add egg, vanilla & salt, beat on low speed until blended.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir with a wooden spoon until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Shape the dough into small balls 11gm each and place on the baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool briefly on the sheets before transferring them to the racks to cool completely. (I baked my cookies at 200deg C for 16min)
6. Store in airtight containers when cooled.