Christmas eve this year was spent in JB. We stayed there for a night - ate, shopped, went for a good long massage and caught a late night movie. Nothing extraordinary but we enjoyed ourselves alot!
Oh I need to mention that I had another 4 new recipe books added to my collection! Hubby sponsored and I was a happy girl! Hehe... so few days later, I tried out one of the yummy recipe (credits to my reliable airfryer!). Hubby loved this dish and so did I.
I like food with tomato based sauce, hubby likes to eat pork chop so I could say this Hainanese Pork Chop made a good dish along with a bowl of rice. I will gladly cook this again, anytime :)
I am submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books #19 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
Recipe by Sunny Sia of Memorable Local Treats
500g lean pork (sliced thickly into chops)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
5 tbsp plain flour (mixed with 1 tbsp cornflour)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp chinese cooking wine
1 large onion (sliced)
1/2 tso cornflour (mixed together with 1/2 cup water)
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp bottled tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tomato (diced)
1 handful green pea (I used mixed peas)
1. Marinate the pork and set aside for an hour in the fridge.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl, pour flour and salt in a plate and put breadcrumbs in another plate.
3. Heat up the wok with oil, coat the pork slices with flour, them coat with eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
4. Fry the coated pork in the hot oil till golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel. Cut into thick strips when cool.
5. For sauce, retain 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and fry the sliced onion, the add in the tomato and green pea, followed by the corn flour mixture, season with salt, dark soy sauce and tomato sauce, allow it to boil and thicken.
6. Pour the sauce over the pork and serve.
1) I air-fried the pork chop instead of deepfrying the pork chop.
2) I added 1.5 tbsp oil to the breadcrumbs and mixed well with a fork, pressing down the breadcrumbs to allow breadcrumbs to turn fine again, easier for coating.
3) I preheated airfryer at 180deg C for 5min, place coated pork chops in airfryer and airfry at 180deg C for 8min, and flip pork chops over before airfrying for another 7min.