Monday, December 29, 2014

Hainanese Pork Chop

Christmas eve this year was spent in JB. We stayed there for a night - ate, shopped, went for a good long massage and caught a late night movie. Nothing extraordinary but we enjoyed ourselves alot!

Oh I need to mention that I had another 4 new recipe books added to my collection! Hubby sponsored and I was a happy girl! Hehe... so few days later, I tried out one of the yummy recipe (credits to my reliable airfryer!). Hubby loved this dish and so did I.

I like food with tomato based sauce, hubby likes to eat pork chop so I could say this Hainanese Pork Chop made a good dish along with a bowl of rice. I will gladly cook this again, anytime :)





I am submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books #19 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours


Hainanese Pork Chop
Recipe by Sunny Sia of Memorable Local Treats

500g lean pork (sliced thickly into chops)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
5 tbsp plain flour (mixed with 1 tbsp cornflour)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup  oil


Marinate
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp chinese cooking wine

Sauce
1 large onion (sliced)
1/2 tso cornflour (mixed together with 1/2 cup water)
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp bottled tomato sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tomato (diced)
1 handful green pea (I used mixed peas)

1. Marinate the pork and set aside for an hour in the fridge.


2. Beat the eggs in a bowl, pour flour and salt in a plate and put breadcrumbs in another plate.
3. Heat up the wok with oil, coat the pork slices with flour,  them coat with eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
4. Fry the coated pork in the hot oil till golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel. Cut into thick strips when cool.
5. For sauce, retain 2 tbsp of oil in the wok and fry the sliced onion, the add in the tomato and green pea, followed by the corn flour mixture, season with salt, dark soy sauce and tomato sauce, allow it to boil and thicken.


6. Pour the sauce over the pork and serve.

My note:
1) I air-fried the pork chop instead of deepfrying the pork chop.
2) I added 1.5 tbsp oil to the breadcrumbs and mixed well with a fork, pressing down the breadcrumbs to allow breadcrumbs to turn fine again, easier for coating.
3) I preheated airfryer at 180deg C for 5min, place coated pork chops in airfryer and airfry at 180deg C for 8min, and flip pork chops over before airfrying for another 7min.

3 comments:

  1. Janice, I also love tomato based sauce. My top favourite is sweet and sour pork hah..hah... and Hainanese Chicken Chop. Somehow, I never had the pork version. It's good that you shared this recipe here. Bookmarked! And I would like to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Phong Hong, we share the same taste! Thanks for your support and let me wish you and you family all the best of health and great happiness in this 2015! Huat ah!! 😉

      Delete
  2. Hi Janice,
    This looks so delicious! Yum! I could eat just this one dish with two bowls of rice!
    Thanks for sharing with CYB!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.