For a start, I made these garlic bread. I love how my kitchen smells of garlic when it was being baked in the oven. Woooot!
Recipe from Magic Bread Book by Alex Goh
60g bread flour
45g boiling water
240g bread flour
4g instant yeast
135g cold water
75g overnight sponge dough (refer to below on method)
1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well-blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well-blended. Add in C, knead dough to form rough dough. Add in A, knead untill well-blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough. Let it proof for 40 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 85g dough and mould it round. Let it proof for 45 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough and roll into oblong shape. Let it proof for 45 minutes.
6. Egg wash the surface and cut the centre with sharp knife. Place some garlic butter onto it.
7. Bake at 220deg C for 18 minutes.
Overnight Sponge Dough
100g bread flour
60g water (room temperature)
1/4tsp instant yeast
Mix water amd yeast until well-blended. Add in flour and mix to form dough. Let it proof for 30 minutes. Wrap it up and refrigerate overnight.
10 pcs of garlic, finely chopped
some parsley (I used dried parsley)
100g soft butter
Mix all ingredients until well-blended.