Am feeling under the weather due to some viral infection of the nose and throat which has been so common lately. Festive season is round the corner, gotta get well soon! So much to do, and not much time left before CNY approaches!
This is gonna be a short post of a soup recipe which I would like to document it down. This soup is simple to make and is good for young and old due to its neutral nature.
Hope everyone stays healthy and happy!
1 medium hairygourd
About 5 red dates, pitted
3 to 5 pieces of medium or big sized dried scallops
about 250g of pork ribs
1 carrot, deskin and cut into bite sizes
1 dried cuttlefish
2 litre of water
salt, to taste
1. De-skin hairygourd, half and de-seed, cut into smaller pieces.
2. Put water in main soup pot and bring to boil.
3. Blanch pork in a separate small pot of boiling water - ro remove dirts, excess oil and scums. Rinsed blanched pork under running water.
4. Place pork ribs and all other ingredients (except salt) into soup pot and bring to boil on high heat.
5. When it comes to a boil for about 5 minutes, turn down fire and let it simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
5. Add salt only when serving, otherwise turn off fire after the simmer. Bring soup back to boil, add salt to taste and serve thereafter.