Wanting to clear the blocks of cream cheese in my fridge, I got down to making this fuss free and yummy no-bake coffee cheesecake. It has been some time since I last baked this cheese cake. Cheese cakes are decadent yet sinful cakes so they are good only for occasion indulgence.
Gave some slices to my sis and bro-in-law and brought some for my colleague. This cheesecake was cleared fast and that means I can do another cheesecake real soon!
Short post here. Be back soon :)
Chilled Coffee Cheesecake
Recipe by Grace Kitchen Corner
- for 8 inches baking tin or 8 of 5cm chef rings (I used a 6-inch springform tin)
90g digestive biscuits crumbs
30g oreo biscuits crumbs
75g butter (melted) - you may use 60g to 65g melted butter if you prefer crumbier base
250g cream cheese
12g instant coffee (dissolve with 1 tablespoon water)
2 teaspoon gelatin (dissolve with 1 tablespoon hot water)
170ml whipping cream
40g chocolate beads (I left out the coffee beads)
Toppings (I left the toppings out)
150g whipping cream
50g dark bitter chocolate
8 pieces of mocca beans (deco)
- Mix the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumbs mixture onto bottom baking pan or little chef rings and keep in the fridge.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until soften, gradually beat in sugar until the sugar dissolve. Add in the coffee mixture until well blended.
- Whisk the whipping cream in another bowl until thicken.
- Mix the dissolved gelatin into the coffee mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the in the whipped cream until everything well combine.
- Pour into the baking pan or chef rings and chill in the fridge until it set.
- After the cheesecake has set. Melt the chocolate with the whipping cream. Pour a thin layer on top of the cheesecake. Let it set in the fridge.
- Run a sharp knife at the edge of the cake pan and unmold when everything has set. Decorate with a dollop of whipped cream and go with the mocca bean. Enjoy!