Savoury buns for the past few weeks brekkie so this time, I made a change and did some sweet fillings for our buns. It did not disappoint as usual. I got a pan of pillowy soft and fluffy buns with yummy streusel toppings.
See how fluffy these buns are!
Trying making these and enjoy them over a cup of coffee for an extra oomph.
Chocolate Custard Bread
Recipe by Alex Goh Magic Bread book
Basic Sweet Bread Dough
50g bread flour
35g boiling water
150g bread flour
50g plain flour
10g milk powder
4g instant yeast
87g cold water
30g cold egg
1. Add boiling water from A into flour, mix till well blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well blended. Add in C and knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough.
4. Let it proof for 40 min.
5. Divide the dough into 9 portions and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 min and ready for use.
6. Flatten the dough and wrap in fillings.
7. Place it onto a greased baking pan.
8. Place it in warm place and let it proof for 45 min.
9. Egg wash the dough, sprinkle some streusel on top.
10. Place in the bottom of the oven, bake at 180deg C for 20-25 min.
Chocolate Custard Fillings
40g instant custard powder
7g cocoa powder
25g roasted and chopped hazelnuts
Sieve cocoa powder into instant custard powder and mix well. Add in milk, mix until well-blended. Add in roasted hazelnut, mix until well-combined. Set aside.
50g bread flour
Mix sugar and butter until crumbles by using hands. Add in flour and mix until crumbles. Keep it into refrigerator. Use it to sprinkle on top or coat the surface of the dough.