While I love fried shallots, I never like making them on my own. Hate the peeling and slicing, and most of all the frying part, so usually Mum gives me a bottle when she makes them. Lately the supply from mama stopped and I am too ashamed to ask. I thought I could try making fried shallots with my air fryer!
And so I did. Did not know that shallots cost this much nowadays. A small pack cost me 2 bucks! Okay, move on. Did the needful - peeling, rinsing and slicing. Finally the air frying part. Made it. No sweat and I whatsapped a pic of the end product for Mum to see. Mum said she will pass me sliced shallots to air fry for her from now on! Hahahah!
Air Fried Shallots
2 to 3 handful of shallots, peeled, rinsed and sliced
some oil for coating
1. Preheat air fryer to 180deg C for 5min.
2. Dislodge air fryer net and pour in sliced shallots. Spread out shallots evenly in air fryer net.
3. Using a cooking brush, brush a layer of oil over shallots and put to air fry on 180deg C for 10min.
4. After 10min is up, stir shallots about to even them out as they will fly about in the net as they get lighter when fried. Put back to airfry again for 10min or till done.
5. Remove and let air fried shallots cooled before storing in airtight container.
6. Garnish your noodles or fried rice with these air fried shallots.