Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Korean Mochi Bread


I am really slow in the bake craze.  Where was I when these Korean mochi buns were so popular among bakers in the blogsphere???  Well, not sure if these buns are now well forgotten, I am still gonna bake it anyway. When the craving attacks come, no one and nothing can stop me, hehe!

Bought a pack of this bread premix when out for dinner with my sis and bro at Bedok Mall.  2 packs of premix in a box, and so I can bake them twice in different flavours!


These QQ babies are actually not your usual soft and fluffy buns. These babies have chewy bites to them, and I guess that's about it, unless you inject some 'life' into them by turning them into cheesy mochi buns, adding matcha, cocoa or any other ingredients that you can think of.  I like it most when these mochi buns are served soon when out of the oven while still warm, over a cup of coffee.  Yums!

Korean Mochi Buns
Recipe by Happy Home Baking

250g (1 packet) mochi bread flour mix
1 egg
70ml water (you may use milk if preferred)


1. Mix flour, egg and water in a mixing bowl. Gather to form a soft dough.
2. Divide dough into 8 to 10 equal portions. Shape into round balls.
3. Place doughs on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with cling wrap or a damp cloth, leave to rest for about 15min.
4. Spray the doughs with some water.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 30~35min or until golden brown.


Note: These rolls taste best on the day they are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.