Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Korean Mochi Bread
I am really slow in the bake craze. Where was I when these Korean mochi buns were so popular among bakers in the blogsphere??? Well, not sure if these buns are now well forgotten, I am still gonna bake it anyway. When the craving attacks come, no one and nothing can stop me, hehe!
Bought a pack of this bread premix when out for dinner with my sis and bro at Bedok Mall. 2 packs of premix in a box, and so I can bake them twice in different flavours!
These QQ babies are actually not your usual soft and fluffy buns. These babies have chewy bites to them, and I guess that's about it, unless you inject some 'life' into them by turning them into cheesy mochi buns, adding matcha, cocoa or any other ingredients that you can think of. I like it most when these mochi buns are served soon when out of the oven while still warm, over a cup of coffee. Yums!
Korean Mochi Buns
Recipe by Happy Home Baking
250g (1 packet) mochi bread flour mix
70ml water (you may use milk if preferred)
1. Mix flour, egg and water in a mixing bowl. Gather to form a soft dough.
2. Divide dough into 8 to 10 equal portions. Shape into round balls.
3. Place doughs on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover with cling wrap or a damp cloth, leave to rest for about 15min.
4. Spray the doughs with some water.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180degC for 30~35min or until golden brown.
Note: These rolls taste best on the day they are made.