I searched the internet and found this recipe. Looking at how straightforward and easy this method was, I knew I had to try this recipe out! Needs no proofing time, just mix, roll, spread sauce, cheese and ingredients and off it goes into the oven. All these in less than an hour and you get the thin crispy pizza. Easy peasy and yummy. No more thick base pizza for me from now hehe!
Crispy Thin Crust Pizza dough
Recipe by Jacqueline Liu
(Makes 2 12-inch pizza dough)
1 pkg (.25 oz) Active Dry Yeast (7g)
¼ tsp Sugar
¾ Cup Warm Water (170g)
1 ¾ Cups All Purpose Flour (224g)
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
*tomato pasta sauce or tomato puree
**3 pcs ham, cut to small pcs
**5 slices of canned pineapples, cut to small pcs
**8 to 10 pcs of button mushrooms, sliced thinly
(Squeeze out the excess pineapple water and mix all ingredients together.)
***Shredded Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 8 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt, olive oil.
3. Add the yeast mixture.
4. Add well.
5. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes.
6. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 12” circle.
8. Slice ham, shredded cheese or any ingredients you like. (Spread a layer of pasta sauce over bread dough, leaving about 1.5cm of sides plain, spread cheese followed by ingredients, and final toppings with cheese again)
9. Place dough on pizza pan. Cover with your pizza sauce and toppings.
10. Bake at 500 Degree F (I baked at 230deg C for 25min) for 10 - 15 minutes.