I am a vege person, if you get what I mean hehe. I can do with no meat and just munch on vegetable dishes, so, give me a vegetable dish with chinese mushrooms and I can eat it anyway.
I normally like to load my stir-fries dishes with loads of other ingredients so that I can cut down cooking more dishes. Okay, this is how I cheat on having to do tedious cooking and having lesser dishes to wash :P
Now who says cooking is difficult?
This is a simple stir fry dish which I personally like alot.
Stir fry Marrow Green with Vermicelli
1 marrow green (deskin and cut into slices)
1 handful of Vermicelli (soaked in water till softened)
1.5 tbsp minced dried shrimps (wash and soak dried shrimps, rinsed, drained and pulse till fine)
3 pcs of garlic, minced
3 pcs of dried chinese mushrooms (rinsed and soak till softened, remove steam and cut strips) -OPTIONAL
4 pcs of black fungus (rinse, wash and soak till softened, remove the hard centre portion and tear into smaller pcs) -OPTIONAL
100ml water (use the water which was used to soak the mushrooms)
Enough cooking oil
1.5 tbsp of abalone sauce /oyster sauce (more if desired)
1. Heat up cooking oil in a frying pan.
2. Add in minced garlic and dried shrimp. Stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add in chinese mushrooms and black fungus and toss till well mixed.
4. Add in marrow green and abalone / oyster sauce, stir fry to mix well. Add in mushroom water and stir well.
5. Lower heat, cover and let it simmer till almost cooked.
6. Stir in softened and drained vermicelli and mix well for 2min. Serve.