Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pumpkin Bread (Scalded Method)

Past weeks were hectic ones for me and my family. Mum had an op 2 weeks back and my family juggled between home, hospital and work.  it might have been tiring for us, but with Mum's speedy recovery, nothing else matters!  This explains the lack of updates and yes, I have alot to follow up on and I will need to put in extra effort to blog soon.

Have been into anything pumpkin some 1 month back (yeah, I am still stuck at makan cooked and baked that long back hehe!). So, allow me to present this loaf of pumpkin loaf using the scalded method, adapted from Alex Goh's Magic Bread book. Bread is a staple for me and hubby. Simple to do, easy to eat. No fuss.


Pumpkin bread (Scalded method)

(A)
100g bread flour
85g boiling water

(B)
400g bread flour
40g sugar
1 tsp salt
15g milk powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
8g instant yeast

(C)
120g pumpkin (cooked and mashed)

(D)
150g cold water

(E)
60g butter

(F)
80g pumpkin seeds

1. Add the boiling water from A into bag flour, mix until well-blended to form a dough. Cover and set aside to cool.  Keep in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well-blended. Add in C and D, knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well-blended.
3. Add in E, mix to form a smooth and elastic dough. Add in F, mix until well combined. (I left out F for filling and used it as topping instead.)
4. Cover it and let it proof for 40 minutes.


5. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and mould it round. Place 6 pieces of dough into a 24 x 13 x 7cm pan. Makes 2 loaves. (I divided dough into 8 equal pieces instead to make 2 loaves, with 4 pieces of dough in 1 tin). Let it proof for 45 minutes or until double in size.


6. Egg wash the surface and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top. Bake at 180 degree for 30 minutes.


Scalded dough produces a soft and fluffy loaf that has a little QQ bite to it. I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.