Have been into anything pumpkin some 1 month back (yeah, I am still stuck at makan cooked and baked that long back hehe!). So, allow me to present this loaf of pumpkin loaf using the scalded method, adapted from Alex Goh's Magic Bread book. Bread is a staple for me and hubby. Simple to do, easy to eat. No fuss.
Pumpkin bread (Scalded method)
100g bread flour
85g boiling water
400g bread flour
1 tsp salt
15g milk powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
8g instant yeast
120g pumpkin (cooked and mashed)
150g cold water
80g pumpkin seeds
1. Add the boiling water from A into bag flour, mix until well-blended to form a dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well-blended. Add in C and D, knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well-blended.
3. Add in E, mix to form a smooth and elastic dough. Add in F, mix until well combined. (I left out F for filling and used it as topping instead.)
4. Cover it and let it proof for 40 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and mould it round. Place 6 pieces of dough into a 24 x 13 x 7cm pan. Makes 2 loaves. (I divided dough into 8 equal pieces instead to make 2 loaves, with 4 pieces of dough in 1 tin). Let it proof for 45 minutes or until double in size.
Scalded dough produces a soft and fluffy loaf that has a little QQ bite to it. I like!