Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sambal Chicken Fried Rice

Mum has been my sole supplier of any grinded chilli sauce and paste. Chicken rice chilli, sambal belachan, dried shrimp chilli (hae bee hiam) are all stashed away in my freezer. I use them carefully. My mum makes seriously good chilli paste and I am always happy to take it when she makes them and give us some!

There was this one weekend evening that I had no idea what I wanna cook. (Yes yes, sorry for yet another overdue post. Hehe!) I had put no effort into thinking what to prep for dinner that day. Ran through my fridge and gathered some ingredients to come up with this sambal chicken fried rice in the end.  Simple meal but Hubby was sweet enough to say that it was good enough for him.

Sambal Chicken Fried Rice

2 chicken drumsticks or thigh meat, deskinned, deboned and cubed
6 to 8 slices of canned pineapples, cubed
8 button mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp mixed peas
4 garlics, minced
1 egg, beaten
1.5 cup overnight rice (I did not use overnight rice, I cooked the rice an hour before frying the rice)
1/2 tbsp and 2 tbsp olive oil, separated

Seasonings
1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1.5 tbsp sambal chilli (more if desired)

1. Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in wok.
2. Pour in beaten egg and cook, breaking it into smaller pieces. Remove fried egg and set aside.
3. Add in remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and heat up oil.
4. Add in minced garlic and fry till fragrant, add in cubed chicken meat and pineapple cubes and fry till meat is half cooked.
5. Pour in button mushrooms and mixed peas and fry till evenly mixed.
6. Add in rice and loosen rice up with spatula to evenly mix all rice and ingredients together.
7. Add in seasonings and fry till rice and ingredients are evenly coated.
8. Lastly, mix in the fried egg evenly. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.