Monday, August 24, 2015

BBQ Chicken Wings

A way overdue post here. In fact I have so many in queue to posts and am way behind time! 

Held a mini BBQ session with our family some 2 weeks back during the Jubilee weekend. Booked a BBQ pit downstairs our place and BBQed to our hearts' contents.

For the first time, I took up much of the meat marinating works as I did not want to bog Mum down since she was in the midst of recovering just about 1 month after her operation.

Chicken wings are the must-haves during BBQ sessions. I looked through food blogs and decided to give this recipe by House of Annie a try. Guess what?? Good feedbacks! My 1st time, but definitely not my last time trying out this recipe. A keeper :)

Mid joint wings BBQed to its perfection.
(Credit to my BIL who insisted he had a part to play for the yummy wings hahaha!)



Barbecued Chicken Wings

recipe adapted from House of Annie

I doubled the marinate sauce and marinated 1kg of mid joint chicken wings with it
6 large chicken wings (Annie's advice: Can use up to 10 with the same amount of marinade)
1/2 tsp Chinese wine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste 

1. Combine all the ingredients
 and marinate the chicken wings for 6 hours, up to 3 days. I find a ziplock bag really handy for this purpose–just squeeze out all the air and massage the marinate into the chicken wings. Flip around once or twice before cooking.
2. Grill it on your barbeque until golden brown and cooked or bake at 425 F for about 20-25 min and finish with a 2-3 minute broil for added color.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.