Monday, August 3, 2015

Salmon with Salted Soy Bean Paste

Hubby and I have been eating lots of salmon and cod fish recently. We buy a whole salmon fish which is much cheaper this way. Cod fish wise, we buy it in slices. Not a wise choice but let's just say at least I am picking up on eating more fish and it is way healthier than consuming seafood :P

Flipping through the stack of recipe books, I realised I have many salmon fish recipes to try my hands on. More to come!!!


For this salmon with salted soy bean paste, I paired it with plain porridge as the soy bean paste was salty and the plain porridge could take away part of the saltiness. A different taste of pairing soy bean paste with salmon, not too bad if you are not into cooked salmon because soy bean paste helps mask the cooked salmon smell.



Salmon with Salted Soy Bean Paste
Recipe adapted from the asian oven by Jo Marion Seow with slight adjustments made


*Original recipe uses Halibut fillet but I replaced it with salmon fish

4 Halibut fillets, about 150g each (I replaced it with 2 salmon fillets)
3 tbsp salted soy beans (tau cheo) (I used just 1.5 tbsp soy beans)
1 clove garlic , peeled and grated
1 thumb-size knob ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cooking oil
1 spring onion (scallion), sliced

1. Preheat the oven to 200deg C.  Line a baking dish with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place halibut fillets in the baking dish in a single layer.




3.  Mash salted soy beans with the back of a spoon.  Mix garlic, ginger, mashed salted soy beans, sugar and oil.  Spread this mixture in an even layer on the halibut fillets.  Bake in the oven for 6-8 min.




4. To check if the fish is cooked, insert a fork into the thickest part of the fillet.  If the fish breaks up easily, it is done. Otherwise, bake for a further 1-2 min.
5. Once the fish is cooked, sprinkle spring onion on top and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.