Friday, June 6, 2014

Tomato, Carrot & Water Chestnut Pork Ribs Soup


It's been some time since Mum made this soup, and since Mum gave me some water chestnuts and tomatoes, I decided to cook this.  It is a simple soup but is filled with lotsa goodness. Yummy!

Tomatos and carrots are good for digestion while water chestnuts helps to reduce cough and phlegm as they are relatively cooling food.  

Can it get any more easier to make soup with just the few ingredients? 

Tomato, Carrot & Water Chestnut Pork Ribs Soup

2 tomatoes
2 carrots
8 water chestnuts
280g pork rib or lean pork
2 slices of ginger
Salt to taste
Onion (deskinned, left whole) (optional)



1. Cut tomatoes into serving pieces. Remove seeds (I left the seeds on) and wash briefly.
2. Peel carrot and water chestnuts.  Wash and cut into serving pieces.
3. Wash pork ribs or lean meat. Blanch in a pot of boiling water to remove scums and oil. Rinse well and leave aside.
4. Put all ingredients into boiling water.  Bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Season with salt.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.