Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hokkaido Milk Loaf

October had been a wonderful month for me.  A wonderful month filled with a holiday to remember, our 3rd year wedding anniversary which we celebrated (many more good years to come!), a nice surprise from the hubby sent to my office and a handful of new books to read!


I am a woman afterall, plus it's always nice to get surprises now and then from your lovely other half, isn't it?

Thank you hubby!

2 recipe books which my lovely colleague helped get for me ďuring her trip to Taiwan. Did I mention I prefer looking up recipe books than surfing through the internet? I love buying recipe books hehe!

Before I digress further, I should get going on my bread post before this post gets longer and longer.

So I made Japanese Milk Loaf with a pack of Hokkaido milk I bought from the supermarket. No, I did not lug this pack of milk back from Hokkaido.

I love the rich and creamy taste Hokkaido milk has, and it definitely makes good bread. 


I made this bread using Alex Goh's Magic Bread recipe book - a book that has many good recipes that yield soft yummy bread. 


Hokkaido Milk Loaf
(Recipe adapted from Alex Goh's Magic Bread book with slight amendments)

A.
60g bread flour
43g boiling water

B.
195g bread flour
37 sugar
3g salt
4g instant yeast

C.
60g cold milk (I used Hokkaido 3.6 Milk)
50g whipping cream
Half cold egg

D.
20g butter

1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well-blended to form a dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until well blended, add in C and knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough,
4. Let it proof for 40min. Divide the dough into 3 pieces and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes,
5. Flatten it and roll it into oblong shape. Place 3 pieces of the dough onto a greased loaf tin. 


6. Let it proof for 50min. Pipe some Mexico topping on top. (I skipped the topping) Bake at 180deg C for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.