Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Chilled Creamy Mango Pomelo Sago 杨枝甘露


There is no other best time to make this dessert other than now! Yes, when mangoes are so in season now and are going cheap! So so sweet and yummy. This is like an annual thing, a once-a-year-must-make dessert.

Mummy gave me a pomelo which turned out to be very sweet and yummilicious. Mum then asked if I had plans to make the mango pomelo sago. I instantly knew I had to do this soon because Mum seldom have food requests. Hehe!


I searched the internet looking for a recipe that will give me a pot of creamy mango pomelo sago. I decided to come up with my own. It was not too difficult :)

My little brother asked for a second serving of it. He is quite picky and critical about food, so when he asked for more, I felt flattered lor. Hahaha.


I like the creamy tasty of both the fresh mango puree and evaporated milk mixed together. I never like diluted mango pomelo sago. Just indulge lor since we do not eat this dessert so often!

Chilled Creamy Sago Pomelo
(Serves 5-7)

500g mango (to blend into mango puree)
210ml evaporated milk
100g sago pearl
half mango, cut into cube bits
4 slices of pomelo, peeled and separated into bits (Add more if you like)


1. Put a pot of water to boil. Add in sago pearls, cover with pot lid and let it cook on low heat for about 15min or till sago turns translucent.


2. Pour cooked sago pearls onto sieve and leave in a bowl of room temperature water. This prevents the sago pearls from further cooking and turning soft, and this retains sago pearls chewiness. Remove refrigerate sago pearls till ready to use.
3. Blend 500g of mango and evaporated milk into puree.


4. Set mango puree into a big pot or mixing bowl. Add in sago pearls and stir till well mixed.
5. Add in mango cubes and pomelo bits and mix well.
6. Place in fridge and serve chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.