Saturday, December 12, 2015

Espresso Muffins with Chocolate Chips




As one grows older, taste in food changes, and that's speaking from experience. Muffins were not my favourite before, same goes for coffee but now, I love muffins, and I love coffee even more! Anything coffee goes for me so I definitely had to make muffins, the coffee way.

Here I used espresso coffee but was a tad disappointed that the coffee taste did not come through that much. Chocolate chips added kinda took over the overall taste, making it more like chocolate chip muffins. Nevertheless, I still would like to share it here, for those who love coffee, but nt too strong tasting though.



Moist and soft centre muffins 
for our breakfast


Espresso Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Adapted from Ellena Guan's Chocolate Chip Muffins, with slight variations


Makes 6 Regular Muffins (I made 10 small muffins)


    Dry Ingredients - (A) 
  • 165g All-purpose Plain Flour
  • 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt

  • Wet Ingredients - (B)
  • 1 Large Egg (60g)
  • 70g Caster Sugar
  • 120ml Espresso coffee without sugar (cooled to room temperature)
  • 60ml Vegetable Oil
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract 

  • Desired amount of chocolate chips for mixing or sprinkling

1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and line muffin tins with muffin liners or alternatively grease muffin tin. 

2. Stir Ingredients (A) together in a bowl till well-mixed and set aside. 

3. Whisk Ingredients (B) together using a hand whisk starting with egg and sugar till combined then followed by the rest.

4. Pour mixture (B) into (A), using a spatula gently fold mixture to combine until no trace of flour is found (the batter will be thick and lumpy so do not over mixed it). 

5. Lastly fold in chocolate chips and spoon batter into prepared muffin tin all the way to the brim (do not 't worry the batter will not overflow). Top with optional chocolate chips or walnut on top before baking. 


6. Bake at 200°C for the first 5 minutes and then reduce temperature to 180°C for another 25 - 30 minutes until surface is browned and a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean. 




7. Remove muffin tin from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before removing it on a wire rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.