Sunday, September 27, 2015
Braised Chicken with Bittergourd
This is a way overdue dish that I found still stuck in my draft. If you have been keeping up with my blog, you will know that I am a lazy wife and cook who churn up only simple, fast and easy dishes. No need for much of cooking skills, and there you are, one pot dishes to get you over 1 meal.
Hubby and I love this braised chicken with bittergourd and we could just eat it with rice alone! Feel free to use prime pork ribs in place of the chicken meat and it will taste equally yummy too.
I over-braised it quite abit and got soft bittergourd, where they were not that bitter anymore and suits Hubby's taste. Gonna cook this again!
Now, it is coming to the end of my 4 days' long weekend break and tomorrow is back to work tomorrow!!! Monday blues will soon set in *sob* Good luck to all who are like me hehehe!
Recipe by Patsie Cheong from One Day One Dish 365 Selected Home-Cooked Recipes
600g chicken meat ( I used thigh meat)
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tsp bean paste
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
60g carrot ( I used 1 whole carrot)
2 stalks spring onion (chopped)
some windmill flour solution (I left this out)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Huadiao wine (chinese cooking wine)
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 cup water
1. Cut chicken meat into small pieces and marinate with light soy sauce and corn flour.
2. Remove seeds from bittergourd and cut it into sections. Peel and slice carrrot and set aside.
3. Heat up 2 tbsp of oil and stirfry Ingredients B till fragrant.
4. Add in marinated chicken and Ingredients C, and stirfry till well combined. Pour in Seasonings and simmer till the meat becomes tender and cooked.
5. Stir in flour solution and serve. (I left this out)
Tips: Chicken can be substituted with roast pork as well..