I finally cooked Hubby's favourite beef stew few days back and he requested for some western bread to go along with the stew. I chose focaccia over baguette and Hubby okayed it.
So I made garlic focaccia. Garlic. My favourite! Everything I cook must have garlic, if possible. Keke!
My first try at this garlic focaccia bread and it was a straight dough method. Soft on the first day, 2nd day was okay though not as soft as when eatenon the first.
A good match with the beef stew and I definitely enjoyed that meal.
Indeed, Carol's recipes are surely good keeps. So many bread recipes to try but so little time. If I could spend all my time baking away... *daydream mode*
Garlic Focaccia Bread
Recipe by Carol's Original Flavour Bread Recipe
250g bread flour
50g wholemeal flour
10g caster sugar
1/2 tsp instant yeast
20g olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
Sufficient amount of olive oil for brushing
4 garlic, finely minced
Dried parsley, for sprinkling
Parmesan cheese (I left this out)
1. Set aside 30ml of water, theb place all of ingredients from A into mixing bowl and mox till a dough is form and not sticking to hands before adding the 30ml of water gradually.
2. Knead dough to window pane stage.
3. Place kneaded dough into a lightly greased mixing bowl and sprinkle some water on top of dough then cover with a clingwrap or moist cloth.
4. Set aside to proof for 60min or till double the size.
5. Place proofed dough on a lightly floured surface and knock out air from the dough. Dovide the dough into 4 equal portions (about 130g each), shape the 4 dough round and set aside to let it relax for 15min. Cover with a moist cloth.
6. Press down 1 of the dough and then rol it evenly round to about 1 cm thick with a rolling pin. Repeat the same for other 3 dough.
7. Place all 4 dough on a lined baking tray. Spray some water on top of the 4 dough and cover with a moist cloth, set aside to proof for 30min till about 1.5 time bigger.
8. Preheat oven to 200deg C.
9. Using a chopstick or your finger, make holes in the proofed dough, drizzle half teaspoon of olive oil on one dough and brush them all over evenly.
10. Spoon minced garlic over the top of dough evenly and sprinkle some dried parsley leaves and parmesan cheese over. Repeat the same for the other 3 dough.
11. Put into preheated oven to bake at 200deg C for 18 to 20 min or till dough top turn slightly golden brown.
12. Leave to cool on cooling rack.