Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Espresso Coffee Bread Loaf


Sunday mornings are mostly reserved for break making to "welcome" the coming working weekdays. Can say that it is a weekly habit, a therapy for me. Of cuz there are some Sundays meant for cake baking too, when I do not feel like munching bread come weekdays.

For the past weeks, I have the crave for anything espresso and I want them in my bakes! Even my milkshakes!  Hehe... I am a coffee lover alright :)


I did a bad job at trying to dislodge the bread from the loaf tin!!!


This round, I incorporated my Nespresso Espresso into my bread and had a lovely, fluffy and aromatic loaf bread.  The softness lasted for 3 days! It was good on its own, without the need for jam spreading.  Pair it with a cup of coffee and say yum :)




Espresso Coffee Bread Loaf (Pre-fermented dough method)
(makes 1 loaf)

Pre-fermented Dough
230g bread flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
135ml water



Dissolve yeast in water.  Add to rest of ingredients & knead until soft. Place dough in a big ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 17 hours. The dough will expand in the bag, so make sure there is room for expansion.

Main Dough
100g bread flour
1 tbsp skimmed milk powder
1/2 tsp salt 
40g sugar 
1 small egg (lightly beaten)
40ml espresso coffee (no sugar added)
1 tsp instant yeast
30g butter (softened at room temperature)

1. Knead all main dough ingredients together (except butter), then add in pre-fermented dough piece by piece.

2. Knead as you add until the dough is soft and smooth (the dough is quite wet but should be acceptable after about 10-15 minutes of kneading) - I did the mixing of all ingredients by my bread machine.

3. Add butter and continue to knead until dough is soft, smooth and stretchable and does not stick to your fingers when pressed. - I left Step 1 to 3 to my trusty bread machine and only took over from here to knead it till window pane stage as I prefer to feel the dough and achieve windowpane stage with my own hands.  I hate mixing part as I do not like my hands getting all gooey.

4. Flour your hands before shaping dough into a ball and leave in mixing bowl.  Cover the bowl with a clean and moist tea towel cloth and let it proof for about 15-30 minutes or until double in size.

5. Punch down dough and roll dough flat into a long rectangular shape and roll dough up like swiss roll.  You may shape your dough according to your preference.

6. Grease your loaf tin with butter or oil.  Place rolled up dough in loaf tin and cover top loosely with a moist and clean tea towel cloth.  Let proof for 45 minutes or till dough has risen to 80-90% of tin. Brush top with fresh milk (room temp.).


7. Bake at 180 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.  Unmould and let it cool on cooling rack.

8. Slice when cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.