I am at it again. Addicted to making, baking and eating these delicious egg cupcakes. This time I made some slight changes and turned them into lemon egg cupcakes with topping of almond flakes. I can say the crunch of the almond flakes gave the cupcakes a nice bite to it. Lemon taste wasn't as strong as I had wanted it to be, nevertheless they were still as yummy!
So looking forward to trying more new flavours and seeing many more fluffy egg cupcakes puffing up in my oven :)
Lemon Egg Cupcakes with Almond Flakes
2 large eggs
85g fine sugar (Original recipe calls for 100g sugar for 2 eggs but I lessened it)
A pinch of salt
4 tsp lemon juice
90g plain flour (I used Hong Kong flour instead)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Almond flakes (for toppings)
1. Line muffin tray with cupcake liners.
2. Place eggs, sugar, sal and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
3. I sifted flour and baking powder together and then add into egg mixture. Fold in gently till just combined.
4. Add oil and fold in till just combined.
5. Spoon egg mixture into cupcake liners till 3/4 full. Top with almond flakes.
6. Put to bake in preheated oven at 180deg C for 20min.
7. Remove egg cupcakes from muffin tray and leave to cool on cooling tray. Enjoy!