Thursday, October 9, 2014

Espresso Chocolate Muffins

It's been a good 2 weeks' break from work, housework, cooking and baking. Basically everything! Had great great fun in Japan (even though there were quite some eventful happenings to me during the trip) but all is well. We had fun and laughter throughout our 12D10N of F&E vacation in Hokkaido.  Love the people, the culture, the food and scenery there.  Oh and the weather too!  How am I missing all these the very moment we touched down in Singapore.

It was my 4th time to Japan, but the first time to Hokkaido. I had great hopes for this trip and the chosen destinations did not disappoint me at all.  I wanna go back there again!

Now before I get too carried away on my little holiday, I need to get back on my overdue posts.  I am still in the midst of picking myself up from lazing too much during the past 10 days, so pardon me for the creeping updates.

I am not quite a muffin person but had to bake these since it had both chocolate and coffee in them :)



Espresso Chocolate Muffins
Recipe by A Matter of Taste

250 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
½  tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa
170 g caster sugar
1/2 cup almond flakes
200 ml milk
50 ml strong espresso
80 ml oil
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Line muffin tray with paper liners.

2. In a bowl, whisk together the milk, espresso, oil, egg and vanilla extract.

3. In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda, cocoa, sugar and almond flakes. Using a wooden spoon or spatula fold all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until they’re combined.

4. Fill the muffin cups with the batter. Place in the oven and bake about 20 – 22 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 15 minutes before covering them with ganache.

Ganache (I left out the ganache. Just wanted my muffins ganache-less :P)

1/2 cup thickened cream
100 g dark chocolate (you can also use a milk chocolate)
2 tbsp coffee or 1 tbsp coffee liquer

1. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, bring cream to a simmer. Add the chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add coffee or liquer.

2. Allow the ganache to cool for about 5 minutes before topping the muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.