Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Breakfast Pancakes


Do you often crack your brain thinking about what to have for breakfast during weekends?  Hubby and I do. Afterall, it is weekend, we need something different. Something more fanciful.  Okay, at least pancakes are something different and fanciful for us.  I can count the number of times I had breakfast at MacDonalds :P

If you are looking to have a high carb breakfast, look no further. This is it.  These pancakes filled me up well.  Drizzle honey or maple syrup over them and dig in.


Morning Pancakes
Recipe adapted from Food.com
(Makes 6 pancakes)

1 cup all purpose flour (140g)
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp double-acting baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk (240ml)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat to medium heat a large non-stick pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg and then mix together the remaining moist ingredients.
4. Put the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
5. Stir until everything is just blended.
6. You will still have some lumps. (Ok to break up any very large lumpy pieces)
7. Put about 1.6 of the batter onto the hot pan.  Cook until the edges appear dry and top of pancake bubbly.  The bottom should be golden brown before turning.
(I used a ladle of mixture for 1 pancake, and that gives me a better gauge on the pancake size throughout)
8. Turn and cook until golden on the other side.
9. Serve with maple syrup and butter (I used honey and topped with some blueberries).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.