Saturday, September 6, 2014

Air Fried Char Siew

I have kind of neglected my airfryer. And so it is time to put it to use again huh? Hehe... I used Mum's recipe and made char siew with my airfryer.


How is it for a first try? Hubby said it was not too bad despite it being a first time at it.  Happy was I, but I definitely had more rooms for improvements.  That means I could make more cha siew! I love char siew.   Sweet ones especially. Yummy!

Airfried Char Siew
(With reference from YukieCody's recipe)

500g pork butt (shoulder)
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp char siew sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
5 pcs garlic
A pinch of red food colouring (optional)

1. Season all ingredients with meat for 2 hours, or overnight, if possible.
2. Preheat airfryer at 200deg for 5 min.
3. Place marinated meat on baking tray and airfry 10 min.  At 5 min, brush meat with sauce on both sides and continue letting it be airfried.
4. Reduce temperature to 160deg and airfry for about 15 min until charred at sime areas. Same thing, brush sauce and flip at every 5 min interval till done.
5. Remove char siew and slice when slightly cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.