Sunday, March 8, 2015

Stir-fried Sambal Okra 叁巴辣椒炒羊角豆

I have been keeping myself away from too spicy food for awhile now, and had that sudden craving of sambal okra some days back. Had a small tub of homemade dried shrimp sambal chilli from dearest Mummy (Mummy is da best okie!!!), and I had that put to good use!

Yummy spicy dried shrimp sambal chilli from my mummy!!!

With the Japanese Okra I bought from the supermarket some days back, I whipped up a dish in no time. I took the back seat this time with just 1 dish. Hubby did the rest. He cooked stir-fried ginger spring onion beef and made a pot of daikon soup. A lazy wife he has got himself. :P

One Saturday dinner over just like that! It is always nice to have the other half whipping up meals for me once in awhile :)

Our dinner.
A joint effort.


Stir-fried Sambal Okra
Serves 2 to 3

250g Japanese Okra (Lady Fingers)
1 tbsp sambal chilli, washed, stalks cut and removed, sliced
4 pcs garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced dried shrimps
light soy sauce, to taste
1.5 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tbsp sugar
water


1. Heat oil in pan. Add in garlic, dried shrimps and sambal chilli. Fry till fragrant.
2. Add sliced okra and stir-fry till well mixed.
3. Add water, more if you want slightly wetter consistency. Stir well.
4. Add sugar and mix well.
5. Add some light soy sauce, do a taste test and add more if required. Stir well and turn off heat when okra is cooked. Serve inmediately with a bowl of rice!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.