Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yong Tau Fu in Black Bean Sauce 娘豆腐炒黑豆酱

My annual vacation is coming right up and am still not quite done with the F&E plannings! Gonna be a good break I am taking to be away from housecleaning, cooking, baking and above all, office work! Can't wait for my vacation really!

A throwback for this post. Cooked this dish before the Lunar New Year which is now over in a twinkle of eye.  Oh in fact, I have quite some overdue posts waiting to be posted. Pls bear with me!

Love how this one dish is just enough to get us done with a meal. Under my dearest Mummy's influence, I love eating yong tau fu from young. Good in soups, with dry or soupy noodles and even stir fries, yong tau fu are easily my go-to help if I want to be a lazy bum that day :P



Yong Tau Fu in Black Bean Sauce
Recipe by Noob Cook


350g yong tau foo (about 15 pieces or so)
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 tsp fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry, mashed slightly with fork
3 cloves garlic minced
2 chilli padi sliced
1 tsp hot bean sauce/la dou ban jiang (辣豆瓣酱)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 cup water
cornstarch solution (1 tsp cornstarch mix with 2 tsp water)

1. Cook yong tau foo pieces in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.


2. Heat oil in claypot or wok and stir fry fermented black beans, garlic and chilli until fragrant.


3. Add spicy bean sauce, oyster sauce and water to the casserole, stir evenly to form a paste.
4. Add the blanched yong tau foo pieces and stir to coat them well in the sauce. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome All to my little food blog & utmost thanks for your effort in leaving me a comment. Regardless of whether or not you have tried and tested my recipes shared here, do drop me a note - I definitely would like to hear from you :)

I would appreciate if you DO NOT SPAM here. Spams will be removed upon my review.

All images and contents within this site are the sole copyright of The Fussy Palate © 2014 - 2015
No images may be reproduced or used without prior consent.